Searching...
Sunday 16 September 2007

I "Pownce". Do you Pownce?

05:21
Pownce is one of the micro-blogging sites that have come up along with Twitter, Jaiku and some other brand new stuff. It reminds me of an ordinary IM service like "Messenger" but does not demand "that" interaction. I call it "that" interaction as a messenger activity makes real sense when there are actually at least 2 people connected in a synchronized way. Pownce allows Asynchronous interactivity. But not only that.Pownce brings enough cool features to the table to make us want to leave all our IM services behind and switch, as affirmed in this post by Stan Schroeder, who looks deep into Pownce .

The Wikipedia says that "Pownce is centered around sharing messages, files, events, and links with already established friends. Since the launch on June 27, 2007, new members can only join through an invite from a friend or by e-mail request"

On using Pownce for my classes I have discovered a great Multimedia Online assistant that students fancy.

This video(please click the arrows on the bottom right hand corner of the screen if you do not need subtitles) shows not only my views on Pownce but also how I exploit it with students:



To be honest, at first I had to “force” them to access Pownce. I had planned some extra homework that was going to be sent by Pownce.
Working on specific material outside the classroom is sometimes compulsory for my students(otherwise they never get further practice)- They are generally reluctant to work on English Practice activities outside the classroom-But now they are so used to it that I am about to “declare” Pownce one of my greatest allies.

Should you feel like seeing more of the way I work with Pownce click on these two flash links where I recorded myself working on my Pownce screen

English Studio Pownce Screen (1st part)

English Studio Pownce Screen (2nd part)

I run 2 Pownce accounts- the one I use for my classes and the personal one. It would be lovely if I can contact any of you through the latter. In case you're interested my personal Pownce address is http://pownce.com/alicia_efl/

If you need an invitation to join, just ask me for one (I only need your email address)- I still have 8 invites available-

I "pownce"

he/she "pownces"

My students (they)"pownce"

What's missing? ====>>> Y O U


Do you Pownce?

It's worth the try
_________________________________

0 comments:

Post a Comment